Step 8: Registration at the Foreigner Office
This is only applies to you, if you are non-EU-citizen and you want to stay more than 3 months in Germany.
Checklist for the Foreigner office:
- residence permit or current visa
- biometric photo
- rental contract (see step 1) - original and copy
- City Registration (see step 2)
- confirmation of your health insurance (see step 4) - original and copy
- confirmation of enrollment (see step 5) and student ID
- proof about financial ability to stay in Germany (minimum 659 monthly!) - original and copy
- cash: 110 for the grant of residence, 80 for the renewal of your residence permission
All other documents concerning "foreigner affairs" you will find here.
Directions to the Foreigner Office
The Foreigner Office is located at Breiter Weg 222, 39104 Magdeburg. If you want to go by tram, you can take the lines 1, 2, 5 and 9. Leave the tram at Volksbank/Domplatz and walk two or three minutes southwards towards Hasselbachplatz.
|Opening hours of the Foreigners' Office:|
|Monday:||08:00 - 12:00|
|Tuesday:||09:00 - 12:00 and
14:00 - 17:30
|Thurday:||09:00 - 12:00|
|Friday:||08:00 - 12:00|